Monday, February 4, 2013

Riverbanks Zoo and the Edventure Children's Museum

My race was an hour away from my parents house, down in Columbia, SC. My amazing parents took Cory and Mason to the Edventure Children's Museum while I ran, and then we met up for lunch at Rush's. I don't have any pictures of their "Edventure" but they all gave it a big thumbs up. My race deserves it's own post, but I will go ahead and share pictures of our post-race outing to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia.
I loved spending time with my parents and having an adult to kid ratio of 3:2 was ridiculously wonderful. My dad wasn't feeling fantastic and I was still having some post-race stomach troubles, but we didn't let any of that keep us from enjoying our time together.
 Cory and my dad enjoying the monkeys. Cory was fascinated with this one monkey that was playing with a giant stick.

 Cory liked the elephants, especially when one pooped and peed right by the fence. Awesome.

 My parents and my boys ~ gives me the fullest heart!
 The highlight of the zoo was feeding the giraffes. I still can't believe they let you interact that closely with them. They were so beautiful and the weird horse lover in me couldn't help but like the way they smelled (it reminded me of that good horse smell).




No comments: