Monday, May 6, 2013

Still Running

I'm still working at the running thing. I've learned that it is the best thing for my mental wellness during this stage of my life. Anyone who's known me very long, knows I have a list of interests that goes on and on. I've always been a huge animal person. I've always loved sports. I've always loved to dance. I've always been an athlete. I've never been a runner. Jessica doesn't run.

I tried running cross country in high school and HATED it. I never even finished a single race. I remember the coach saying go run around the track two times to warm up and I was like, "You are crazy woman."
I didn't attempt running again until college and even then I hated it. It wasn't until I got married that I started to get the bug. I can vividly remember the first time I was able to run a mile without stopping. A few months later (and after running consistently) I was able to run a 2.2 mile route by our house. That was HUGE for me.  I think that is why I love running so much; there is this feat that I feel is completely impossible, and then after showing up and trying over and over again... I'm victorious. Two Saturdays ago I ran 8 miles, last Saturday I ran 9. If you would have told me two years ago that I would be able to do that one day, I wouldn't have believed you. I want to run a half marathon. I really don't care how fast or slow. I just want to walk away feeling that sense of amazement in myself.

2 comments:

Kevin and Tiffany Hanson said...

Wow...so much fun! I love it all....and miss you and those cute little boys! We need to hang out again!

Unknown said...

Shoes made for overpronation (pronation is fundamentally the opposite of supination) have a great deal of stabilizing and fancy capabilities. www.runningaddicted.com has more information on the Privacy Policy - Running Addicted.