Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Arches National Park

Sleeping in a tent with these two monkeys is an adventure by itself. 
Cory woke up at 5am ready to go! I've decided sleep is not a part of camping . You hope for a few hours and expect none. Anyway, we headed into Arches National Park to do some hiking. Our first stop was Delicate Arch. Cory was a bit tired and emotional (I wonder why?) but still managed to have a nice time. He especially liked seeing the occasional lizard on the trail. I loved seeing him out hiking with his daddy.



 I'll warn you now. My hair just gets worse as the day goes on.
 This trip proved to be quite educational for Cory. This lady really liked to get low to take photographs of the desert flowers. We actually saw a lot of skin this trip, and Cory would say out loud, "Don't look mommy!!! They are not modest!!!" I would just grin and nod.
 
There were some really beautiful lizards along the trail.




 I love this picture of Mason peeking around me. He would ride in that back pack all day long. He loves it.






 They all three had their mouths full for this shot.
 After exploring the arches around Landscape Arch, we got in the car and headed to the Delicate Arch area. The kids were getting hot and tired, so we opted to hike the shorter trail to the "overlook" instead of hiking all the way to Delicate Arch.
 I don't know where he comes up with these poses. Underneath his clenched fist is Delicate Arch in the background.

On our second day in the park we headed to the Windows area. It is one of my favorite spots in the park.

 Soon after this picture was taken, I had Mason on my back and I felt a thump of dead weight against my neck. Poor little guy passed out from all of the fun. He was exhausted.




No comments: