Monday, November 20, 2006

Holdin' Cash

I participated in a service auction last week and 60 college kids raised over $2200 for the sub for Santa program. It was amazing to watch. Seeing kids without jobs drop $60 to learn to groom a horse or $100 to have someone cook dinner for them and their roommates was quite interesting. I studied in my marketing courses how the generation Y/ MTV generations have more expendable cash than any other generations have ever had. I’ll admit, I got sucked into the excitement of the auction and walked away with a scooter ride with some guy I’ve never met and a dinner for 4. I lost the bids on the free brake change and a night of star gazing with a 6th grade science teacher.

Day 6 on a strictly raw foods diet. Biggest lesson learned: You can make people really uncomfortable by not eating something when offered. I can’t count how many times I’ve turned down food this last week. It really drives people nuts. Try it!

No comments: