Friday, August 18, 2006

Tears, hugs, and night lights

I managed to escape the Provo bubble; although, the joy of my escape was tainted with crocodile tears and stomach pains as I drove away. I now live in Saratoga Springs with my friend Natalie and her two kids, Pyper and Kazdan. Although my room only has three walls and no furniture, I like my new crib (no pun intended) and my $10 Wal-Mart air mattress. The kids are adorable and it’s fun to come home to their excited little voices and big hugs. Sleeping in a room alone has never been my thing, and when I crawled into bed last night I was overcome with the feeling of being completely alone. It helped that the kids’ rooms are next to mine and their night lights leaked light into my room. Boy do I need a dog. Too bad Dollar isn’t house trained; he’d be fun to sleep with.

No comments: